ideas for fundraisers
Last update 7/7/11 8:11AM

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chile

It's been over a month since I left home... and in this short period of time I feel like I've already experienced some life changing experiences, not to mention that I'm currently witnessing one of the biggest historical events in this country.

I decided not to overflow this blog with information about my study abroad experience, and just leave it as a mission that has been accomplished (thanks to you). You may still check out my personal blog about my study abroad experience at [ http://aztecabroad.tumblr.com ]

Now I need to pay back what I owe you, some kick ass pictures of an aztec in Machu Picchu!. Unfortunately Tonatiuh got lost on its way before my flight to S. America, so I ended up taking his replacement "Soroche".

"Soroche" is the name that Peruvians give to "altitude sickness" and as some of you may know, Cusco and Machu Picchu are at least 3K above sea level. Since altitude sickness was definitely something that marked our experience, I decided to baptize my plush with this lovely Quechua name.

I hope you enjoy these few pictures, I'm sure there are more to come.
















No comments:

Post a Comment